Bechstein Zimmermans...

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Gill the Piano

Bechstein Zimmermans...

Post by Gill the Piano »

...anyone know where they're made? A customer asked me and I didn't know...but had a deep suspicion that it wasn't Berlin!
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Bechstein Zimmermans...

Post by MarkGoodwinPianos »

It's in the Saxony factory apparently.
:)
Yamaha Pianos for sale (usually 50+ in stock)
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

According to wikipedia

"In 1992, the C. Bechstein AG took over the company[1] and incorporated it in his Product Range. Modern Zimmerman pianos are produced in Saxony like all Bechstein Instruments, where the Bechstein company has regrouped its production facilities."

That doesn't mean they've closed the Berlin factory does it?
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Gill the Piano wrote:...anyone know where they're made? A customer asked me and I didn't know...but had a deep suspicion that it wasn't Berlin!
They are very well made, the 122 size ones are and tune up nicely, got one that swings a lot about 10 to 15 cents over six months music teacher has that one Got a few on my round but all are the 122 size so can't comment on the entry level ones

Hope that helps

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

Gill the Piano wrote:...anyone know where they're made? A customer asked me and I didn't know...but had a deep suspicion that it wasn't Berlin!
Bechstein are not made in Germany and neither are the Zinnermans read their brochures and you would think they where.Bechstein/Samick alliance may give you a clue and previously Eastern Europe and where taking back to be tuned.toned,and checked over before dispatch,funnily enough in Germany.
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Cheeky cheeky Bechstein.
Surely their top quality C.Bechstein pianos never leave Germany soil during the entire manufacture & prep process though do they?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Ta! I had a feeling they weren't made in Germany but the catalogue/website is so carefully worded that it was impossible to find where they ARE made, but Germany is mentioned an awful lot...:) I really like them; especially the bigger upright.
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

I like them also have a neutral tone which is pleasant to the ear.They are expensive and there seems to be "price fixing policy" in place.
Intermusic Ltd

Post by Intermusic Ltd »

For clarification we would like to state the country of origin for 'C.Bechstein Pianofortefabrik AG' group production, as their UK Distributor. All C.Bechstein, Bechstein Academy and Zimmermann pianos are made in Germany. W.Hoffmann Vision and Tradition series pianos are made by 'C.Bechstein Europe' in Europe. We would also recommend your members to the highly impressive and informative new international website http://www.bechstein.com which has much information including videos of Bechstein's world leading production processes.
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Do the Bechstein, C.Bechstein and Zimmermann pianos leave Germany at ANY point during the design, manufacture, assembly, cabinet finishing stage? Does the entire process take place in Germany from the first piece of wood, to the action assembly, to the cabinet polishing... all of that is done in Germany is that right?

Thanks for popping on it's nice to see you here :)
crispin
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by crispin »

Well Our Bechstein Acadamy 124 is labelled 'MADE IN GERMANY' so I guess that this means the majority of the fabrication must be in Germany? The hammers are each stamped 'MADE IN GERMANY'

This is our second (the first was replaced) and it is truly a great piano :P
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Thanks Crispin :)

However, I'd still like official confirmation that All C.Bechstein, Bechstein Academy and Zimmermann pianos are made in Germany without a quick detour to China for some assembling work ;)

Also, this is a bit vague
W.Hoffmann Vision and Tradition series pianos are made by 'C.Bechstein Europe' in Europe
Europe? Where is that? Russia? Iceland? Germany? Ireland? Wales?
Accurate and specific info is always preferred over vague and ambiguous info

:)