Piano movers

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Parsifal

Piano movers

Post by Parsifal »

I am new to the forum and I have been away from my piano for a few years. Now that I am settled in the UK I am looking to bring my piano over from Spain. Can anybody recomend any piano movers? I have tried the link in this website but I got very few responses and the quotations vary enormously... :shock:
mdw
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by mdw »

Butler Piano Movers might be worth a try. No ideal if they go that far and I guess it will cost a bit and you will have to wait some time. 01487833021 ask for Steve. I guess if you can find a general movers who wont smash it up for you it would be much cheaper to use them if they do regular runs to Spain.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Piano movers

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Parsifal wrote:I am new to the forum and I have been away from my piano for a few years. Now that I am settled in the UK I am looking to bring my piano over from Spain. Can anybody recomend any piano movers? I have tried the link in this website but I got very few responses and the quotations vary enormously... :shock:
The big 3 movers will not be cheep to Spain as Spain is off the main piano route, they will have to do a part empty run and that's the cost.

Unless it is a good quality piano it may be cheper to buy in the UK - your other option is to use a House remover as a part return load as south Spain is popular route However, if it is a good make then I would not trust a House remover at all and companeys like pickfords use Piano Logistics to move expensive grands

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Piano Worker
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Piano Worker »

Try Kraus and Pabst in Germany, they collect and distribute pianos for Yamaha in Europe, and also for kemble. They deliver to spain and collect. I wouldn't use Butlers, I don't rate them. They also make regular trips to the UK.