crane and sons ltd, need to know age please

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

fyulaba77

crane and sons ltd, need to know age please

Post by fyulaba77 »

i just got a crane and sons ltd. upright, i would like to know the age, on the key cover it says crane and sons ltd out of belfast and liverpool, serial number is C&S I57302, i think its an I unless that is how they stamped in their ones at the time, thank you, Tyler from edmonton alberta canada
Bill Kibby

Crane

Post by Bill Kibby »

The PianoGen website includes some references to Crane, press www below, then press the "Archives" button. I can also quote for a general booklet on the firm, or...
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
fyulaba77

thanks, but i could not find anything on the site

Post by fyulaba77 »

thanks anyway....cheers!!!
Bill Kibby

Crane

Post by Bill Kibby »

The Archives page mentions Cranes, and the Datemarks page will probably help. Numbers are no use with these, the "C&S" numbers are stock numbers, but the section on Action Numbers may help. The Aliases page explains where the names come from. The Reports page offers reports from photos. The Booklets page offers general booklets, and I probably have more on the firm than anyone else. The valuation page offers comments about valuing pianos. Te "Contact Us" button would allow you to obtain email information.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
fyulaba77

thanks

Post by fyulaba77 »

thanks i'll do that,