Alexandra Piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

TwistedPink

Alexandra Piano

Post by TwistedPink »

Hi, i have just got a Piano and would like to find out some information about it.

Thankyou in advance.
Pheonix
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Pheonix »

Can't tell you a thing about it but what a lovely looking Piano...

Does it play well, does it need a lot of work, the case looks great I suspect Walnut or Rosewood, though the colour is very light, from the look of the grain but its hard to tell without seeing it up close, having had another look I think French Walnut is the most likely.

I am sure that someone will be able to furnish you with more information, the history, the maker etc but it seems that it was produced for a shop to sell as its own which I gather was fairly usual so the maker could be any number of firms. I am sure however that it will look wonderful in any room and be a pleasure to see and play.

Good luck

Pheonix
TwistedPink

Post by TwistedPink »

Hi and thankyou, it is a fantastic addition to my house, i dont play the piano but hope to learn, and my little boy loves it and tinkers with it daily.

I dont know if it needs tuning, but i will get someone in to have a look for me, how much does it cost to get one tuned?

its in quite good condition, plaques are missing off the front, and a dowel missing on the board that goes on the front at the bottom, but easy to repair i should think.

i cant find any information about it on the internet except for a clip of top gear on you tube where someone drops a piano on a porshe, looks like my piano...
Mandy.

Pheonix
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Pheonix »

well I don't think its been dropped on a car, it looks remarkbly well and undamaged. As for getting it tuned I would send a PM to Barrie Heaton the Moderator, tell him whereabouts you are in the country I am sure he will know of someone. I wouldn't reccomend posting your address online juts to be on the safe side a PM is far better.

Good luck, I hope your little boy keeps playing, nows the time to get him started...

Pheonix
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Look at the 'Piano truners' link on the list on the left of the page; they're listed by county.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

...and as well as a piano truner, you might want to consider getting a tuner...perhaps one that can type straight?? :oops: :roll: