Boston uprights - who actually manufactures them?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

net-work

Boston uprights - who actually manufactures them?

Post by net-work »

Hello, everyone. I am a church musician and I have just started looking for an upright piano to replace the 40 year-old Kawai that the church has. I have looked at quite a few brands so far. The local Steinway dealer wants me to look at his Boston uprights. While Boston is supposed to have been designed by Steinway to their specifications, I am suspicious that they are manufactured in Asia. Does anyone know where Boston upright pianos are manufactured? Thanks.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I believe they're made under licence by Kawai...but Piano Guy or Barrie will tell you for sure! Look on Google...I bet it says there.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Gill the Piano wrote:I believe they're made under licence by Kawai...but Piano Guy or Barrie will tell you for sure! Look on Google...I bet it says there.

Buy your self a beer! a good one

The Essex was made by Young Chang production is moving or has moved to Perl River I wonder if they are taking up the empty space left by the Yamaha C110
if it is I hope they teach them to set the blow distant correct :twisted:

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

The Boston is a Kawai piano built for Steinway. I would go for a Kawai instead as they have the Carbon actions which, I was told, Kawai will not be putting into the Boston.The carbon action is better as it dosn't suffer from humidity changes and not much energy is absorbed unlike wood, which is why good tennis rackets are carbon.