Kawai or Vogel

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

jel
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Kawai or Vogel

Post by jel »

Hi,
I am looking for a new piano for my son who has just started taking up lessons. He is doing well and i was thinking of getting him a new piano which is easy for him to play , nice rich sounds and also reasonably priced. My budget is Ł3000 but could possibly stretch to Ł4000. I have heard a Schimmel and it is beautiful sound but cannot afford. I was told that Kawai or Vogel is the next best. Help!!! Thanks for advice.
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Both are reasonable choices. I think Vogels are made in Poland with Schimmel design and quality control. They're certainly well made and the ones I've seen have Renner actions and Schimmel quality frames and casework.
Bill Kibby

Kawaii

Post by Bill Kibby »

If you want a better response, with more points of view, you should post this on the so-called "Acoustic Pianos" page, (Yuk!!) this will not be noticed here, it's not a piano history question.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
jel
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Kawai or Vogel

Post by jel »

Hi,
Thanks for the advice on the Vogel. And also thanks for the letting me know that i am on the wrong page again!!! I shall try to bear in mind to go to the right forum.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kawaii

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Bill Kibby wrote:If you want a better response, with more points of view, you should post this on the so-called "Acoustic Pianos" page, (Yuk!!) this will not be noticed here, it's not a piano history question.
Moved to Yuk??:)

what would you call it

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

I have not come across Vogel but if its close to a Shimmel, then it will be good. Another point is resale, the Kawai is more welknown and likely to be around for many years.If you intend the keep the piano for a very long time then you don't need to worry but who know's whats round the corner. The New K3 Kawai is a great piano. Its has the carbon action which they have in their better made grands. The touch is responsive due to the action and the sound is clean and mellow and not too bright. There are not many in the UK at the moment as they are new but most Kawai dealers will have them soon. There is a K2 but for under Ł4k, the K3 is much better.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Well if it were up to me, this would be the PROPER REAL Pianos page... :lol:
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

I agree with the Yuk! I would call this page what it is....the Piano Page....the other page could be called the toy piano page. or gimmicky keyboards page :twisted:
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Well go and vote, then, cherub! Barrie's giving us a say! :lol:
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

I have cast my vote :wink: