Where to hire a piano from? Is it even possible?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Have you tried your local shop

Markson's in London are one of the largest in the UK and I think they cover most of the UK

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Feg

Post by Feg »

I think you would do well if you are prepared to go to the pupil's home. In my area, the one teacher who did travel to teach the pupils in their own homes was very much in demand. So much so, that within a year of starting, she had a waiting list for spaces. Now she is so busy that new pupils have to come to her. The only downside that I can see would be the varying quality of the instruments that you would have to teach on.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Pianoforte at Faringdon near Wantage/Swindon might be useful to you, but I agree with Feg; a visiting teacher is worth their weight in gold around the Thames Valley.Parents (even the ones with 4x4's!) don't like dragging kids to the teacher's house and then either going home and turning straight back to collect them, or waiting outside (possibly with other squealing brats in the car!). You could charge taking petrol/time into account. I'd consider it seriously before wading into the hire business!