Jeelie Piece Song?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

mercury

Jeelie Piece Song?

Post by mercury »

Hi there, I would like to play the piano for this song just like the teacher plays it in school. Where can I get the score for it, either for free or to buy? I would also like other songs that are used in schools ie Roll out the barrel etc.

Thanks
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Why don't you ask the school teacher? I'm not sure what the Jeelie Piece song is, but I'm an old bat who hasn't been in a school classroom for hundreds of years (except to tune the pianos...). Your teacher will know who publishes the song and where to get it. Roll Out The Barrel (sometimes known as the Beer Barrel polka) would probably be in any book of old English music hall songs. Again, a teacher would be your best bet to ask.
Feg

Jeely Piece Song

Post by Feg »

As a 'guid scot', I can tell you that this song was written in 1967 by Adam McNaughton. I'm sure if you get in touch with your local music shop, they'll be able to source the sheet music for you. Note the correct spelling of 'Jeely'!

It is also know by the alternative title of 'Skyscraper Wean'!

Another one I remember fondly from school is the 'Wee Kirkcudbright Centipede' :roll:
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I knew someone would know - I'm not up on Scots songs; I had to ask my Glesca mate for vocabulary lessons on Christopher Brookmyre... :wink:
fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

Or try your library. Most will have a selection of these old war-horses. Of course copying such borrowed material is verboten.

Rgds.