Its Friday afternoon....

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

PianoFifty
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Its Friday afternoon....

Post by PianoFifty »

.... and I'm bored, and fed up with my piano so I'm offering it for sale:

Grand piano for sale. Make is Steinbechendorfer, a subsidiary of Bryant & May - more than a match for a C3 or RX3, with a striking appearance and sound. This fine instrument was used by the well-known comedy musical duo Everard and Snipcock in their hilarious music hall routines in the 1930's.

In need of some cosmetic attention, but basically sound. Double overstrung, underfelted with damp-proof course. Schneitzler action with triple overlocking trundle pinions. Brass hitching capstans fitted on the wrestling plank.

Beautifully preserved casework, with fully shanked and fluted niblet scrolls. Elegant candelabra adorn the superbly crafted music desk. Candles not included, though Mr Price may be able to supply some.

Individual tone - every note works and also produces a sound. Recently tuned, voiced and regulated (I did it myself with a pair of pliers and a hammer).

For the last 20 years this instrument has been owned by a little old lady with no arms who used it as a pot plant stand.

Price fifty quid - buyer collects. Matching firewood stool thrown in (literally). Will also include my collection of sheet music and special interest magazines (hidden in a secret compartment inside the stool) for free.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I'll have it - I was getting a bit fed up with my Lindner Concert Grand (2'6"). You can keep the magazines, though...unless there's a picture of Barrie with a stick of rhubarb, of course... :lol:
fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

If it's the amphibious Steinbechendorfer I might be interested. Do you have any copies of 'Tuner's Wives' in your collection? I'm missing the centrefold of Nos 1 and 3, and the special edition featuring... no, I can't go on.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Gill Green wrote:I'll have it - I was getting a bit fed up with my Lindner Concert Grand (2'6"). You can keep the magazines, though...unless there's a picture of Barrie with a stick of rhubarb, of course... :lol:
Now that depends where you want the rhubarb sticking out if we can post it

(You are going to upset the grown ups again)

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

:D I have a suggestion on where to stick the rhubarb, (not on Barrie of course :) ) but I don't think certain "grown-ups" would appreciate it. :twisted: Oh dear, there I go being aussie again, not to mention childish, to boot. :wink:
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Boots eh?

*thinks Honor Blackman......*

:wink:
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Nurse...could we have a bucket of cold water for this gentleman here, please?