Francis Rwamakuba

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

pianobrereton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Francis Rwamakuba

Post by pianobrereton »

Francis Rwamakaba ( The remarkable Francis ) passed away in his sleep recently. He was born in Uganda and after becoming blind was brought to England by francican nuns who recognised his musical abilities. He went to Dorton house in sevenoks kent . He also studied at Trinity college of music and worked as a piano tuner and jazz pianist. He leaves a widow and a daughter. I well remember going to the British piano fair with him where he entertained everyone on the Welmar
stand playing there grand and saying he prefered it to the Bluthner that was also on show.
Vikki

Re: Francis Rwamakuba

Post by Vikki »

Hi,

I was wandering if you have any contact details for Francis's family? My mother taught Francis the piano when she did volunteer work in Uganda. We have some pictures of him from the late 1960's and 70's and would love to send them to his family.
Any details you can give would be great,
Thank you,

Vikki.
pianobrereton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Francis Rwamakuba

Post by pianobrereton »

Yes I do have his address and suppose his family still live there but can't be sure .
If you send me an email on pianobrereton@hotmail.co.uk I will reply with his address .

John Brereton