1930's Eavestaff Pianette

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Geoff Knapp

1930's Eavestaff Pianette

Post by Geoff Knapp »

I recently bought an 1930's Eavestaff pianette on Ebay (ok not the smartest thing to do)as a present for my wife. All the keys work but the piano needs tuning and some slight restoration work to the cabinet is also needed. I'm not a 'piano person' but I'm now getting the impression that these pianos aren't regarded with much enthusiasm by tuners/restorers. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can suggest who could could tune and possibly also restore this type of piano. Ideally in the Hampshire area (Basinstoke).

Many thanks.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

A lot of tuners will not tune them if it is the Eavestaff with the tuning pins under the keybed I must admit I hate doing them and do change a lot extra but if it is the normal Eavestaff drop action they are not as bad to tune but a pain if you have to work on the action I would get a tuner to look at it before you spend money on the case get a tuner to look at it this Guy Shaun will tell you of a good tuner in your area 023 8078 3009

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geoff Knapp

Post by Geoff Knapp »

Thanks Barry I'll give Guy a ring.