Ronisch

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Steve071261
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Ronisch

Post by Steve071261 »

Hi,

can anybody advise me on the quality of Ronisch grands? Not modern, but say c1900-1920. The piano ratings page on another website site gives 4 stars, but the chap at Bosendorfer UK (who has one to sell) says he would rate Ronisch as one of the finest makes at that time.

Anybody else out there able to comment?

thanks,

Steve
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Never tuned a Ronisch grand tuned and still tune quite a few uprights most from the 70s 80s very woolly in tone and touch the older ones are better but not that good. However some makes put a lot of work into their grands compared to their uprights

Think of the resale value when you upgrade unless this is the last piano you will buy and if you like it then make is unimportant.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Mike_Hendry
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Ronisch Grands

Post by Mike_Hendry »

We have a few Ronisch Grands in Australia from the 1900-1915 era, and I have a couple of regular clients with them that I tune and/or service. Nice pianos, but not in the same class as the 3 Crown Ronisch upright of the same period. The latter really are one of the best pianos of the pre-war era, (so your friendly Bosendorfer dealer is right on that score) but in my experience you couldn't rate a Ronisch Grand alongside a contemporary vintage Bechstein, Bluthner or Steinway.
Still, with anything of that age, one must always make an assessment on what is presented in front of you. It could be an absolute gem.

cheers