Witton & Witton or Hermann

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

lynntan

Witton & Witton or Hermann

Post by lynntan »

Hi,

I am new here. Not in UK but in Singapore. I am looking at buying a piano for my own use, next time, can share with my son when he is older to take piano. Currently Grade 3.

Looking into the brand of Witton & Witton or Hermann.

Like to know more about this 2 brands as compared to Japanese Piano Kawai or Yamaha.

Witton & Witton - S$6000-S$7000,about &2300-&2700
Hermann - S$4000, about &1500.

Do U think it is a good buy?

Thank you very much.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The Witton & Witton is an old make and the new ones probably come for the same factory as the Hermann. Can't comment on the new Witton & Witton but I do tune a lot of Hermann brand they are not in the same league as Yamaha or Kawai that are made in Japan.

However, for the price they are not bad at all the Hermann Grand Piano Model 155 sells in the UK for 4,000 and the Yamaha GA1E (not made in Japan)sells for just over 5,000, I would say that the Ga1E quality is more constant then the Hermann Grand but sometimes they get it right and the Hermann Grand is better then the GA1E tone wise about 1 in 15. Touch wise the Hermann Grand need a lot of prep work to get it very even. Resale wise the GA1E will hold its value because it is a Yamaha

Barrie,
Bags packed ready to go
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
lynntan

Post by lynntan »

Thks a lot.