Bad music lessons...

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

louttrim
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Bad music lessons...

Post by louttrim »

I had my lesson today.. think probably the worst one I've had :cry:

I thought I'd practised pretty thoroughly, I'd restricted myself to just the few pieces. Played those OK I guess, and then we got to the scales. I played B major when I should have played B minor. Got harmonic and melodics all a*se about face, got all the fingering wrong. Then Natalya went back through my notebook and saw that we'd started some pieces from a different book, got the book and I had another go at those. Of course I was rubbish so my homework is to sort those out. And of course Natalya is right, I need to polish those easier pieces, then we can tick them off properly but I feel like I've been demoted! :oops:

I know I can't expect to get gold stars every week, but it would be nice!! Sorry to offload.. I know you lot will understand. It'll be better next week I know. Large glass of red wine underway!!!

Linzy x
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Quick! Get Linzy a kleenez! (Clearly still remembering the "sopa box" jab). Us youngsters have good memeries, y'know!

I always think that it takes a bad lessons every now and again to help get your act together for the next time. Of course, I never had any of those lessons :roll:, mind you I used to have lots of experiences like that when I was learning to drive. My driving instructor used to tap my knee with his knuckle and say "Right dear, have you her in 3rd gear yet?", "Right dear, shimmer on", Right dear,...." I mean "DEAR" ??? I think he used to do that to aggravate you into getting things right the next time. Right enough it did - just because I wanted to sicken him! Mind you, it worked; the point being, sometimes it takes a negative experience or two to make you determined enough to prove your real potential! :wink:
louttrim
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by louttrim »

:-D you'll be glad to hear that today's lesson (moved from yesterday) went much better! We have officially ticked off a couple of the tunes, and moved on to a couple of others. So I'm much happier - phew!!! :lol:

L
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

markymark wrote:Us youngsters have good memeries, y'know!
SO DO I ! memeries Spelling Mark! :wink:

( I still remember the bad habbits jab )
louttrim
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by louttrim »

it's such a shame that they don't teach the teachers how to spell these days..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lx
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

louttrim wrote:it's such a shame that they don't teach the teachers how to spell these days..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lx

Hi Linzy, you go girl!
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

I'm just trying to fit in!
Moonlight wrote: Scales are your colour palete...not that I'm much of a musician, but I'm beggining to see the importance of them as the building blocks of music.
Mark, you go boy! Yeah! :P
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

markymark wrote:Mark, you go boy! Yeah! :P

The thing is though, I'm NOT a teacher and I'm the modern 'yoof' of today that would rather spell in text language then care about geting my spelling and grammar right! :wink:

You will just hate me!
Last edited by Moonlight on 26 Sep 2008, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Bendigedig! Ach Cymraeg, dave?
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Moonlight wrote: The thing is though, I'm NOT a teacher and I'm the modern 'yoof' of today that would rather spell in text langauge then care about geting my spelling and grammar right! :wink:

You will just hate me!
I'm sorry, was that an excuse? Yes I think that was an excuse!
Play the tune and see who dances! :lol:
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Its not an excuse its the truth! Carefull Mark, or I will just not bother checking any of my spelling mistakes and you will have EVEN more work to go and Markymark. Of course you would enjoy that!
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Iawn yn diddori.

Markymark, chyfriniaeth! :wink:
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

This just adds to the shroud of mystery surrounding me :lol:

Are you seriously Welsh? I thought that you said you were Irish?
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

hey Dave!

yeah true say! not so sure if any poor people want to hear me, Mark and Linzy having ago at each other; even if we are only joking!