digatal vs real

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

trumpetmaster

digatal vs real

Post by trumpetmaster »

Hi am begginer and I was wondering should I get a digital piano or a real piano thank you :)
Descombes
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Descombes »

If you want to take the piano seriously and you want to be a real pianist, get a real piano.
Brumtuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Brumtuner »

Yup, acoustic pianos hate not being taken seriously so definitely a 'real piano'.
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

Get the best you can afford. If it has to be digital, fair enough, but you don't get anything like the same physical sensation or quality of sound as an acoustic piano, and I'm afraid anyone who tells you different is frankly wrong.
"Each day grow older, and learn something new."
Solon (c. 630 - c. 500 B.C.), Greek Statesman and Reformer
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

and I'm afraid anyone who tells you different is frankly wrong.
Blimey, get me... Sorry about the pompous generalisation. I'd just arrived back from a wedding reception where I was the only person on the table drinking champagne. And there were two bottles per table. Messy business....
"Each day grow older, and learn something new."
Solon (c. 630 - c. 500 B.C.), Greek Statesman and Reformer
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

did you not bring a doggy bag with you then? I mean you could have brought the wine back home,

You can make an accoustic into a digital but not the other way round. There is pros and cons.
pianobrereton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pianobrereton »

I think its pretty unanimous a digital piano is fine if thats all you can afford
but an acoustic or real piano is so much better in all respects as long as you have the space etc. Get a real piano not a poor copy .