How do i get rid of a piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Carolyn

How do i get rid of a piano

Post by Carolyn »

Please can someone help!!!!
I have an old upright piano that is not worth a penny. It probably won't tune up properly and it hasn't been used for 15 years since i stopped playing. It's taking up room in my parents house and we can't find anyone who will take it away and dispose of it. I'd hate for someone to go to the trouble of collecting it to try and repair it to use as it'll probably never work properly.I live in the Wigan area of Lancashire.
Thank you for any advice you can give.
Carolyn
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Wigan Council should remove if for free as it is classed as an household item However, they may ask you to place it out side if the case is inlayed Bolton Pianos may take it off your hands

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

Some councils charge for taking away pianos. Wealden (sussex) charges Ł40.00. My advice, put it in the free papers "Free to collector), or stick it on Ebay. The number of clients I have gone to who bought a piano off ebay because the photo looked good is increasing! One client bought one one evening after 2 bottles of wine. Its now a book case! Due to environmental rules in some areas, you can not burn rubbish like an old piano. Pitty Im too young to wittness the piano bashing competitions which destroyed many old straight strungs, unfortunatly destroyed some very good german overstrungs!