Kemble

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

andykhc

Kemble

Post by andykhc »

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/read/yamah ... ans/015926

Interesting to note that there's going to be customisation of pianos in the UK again. Have Kemble retained staff at MK? Also http://www.kemble-pianos.com//en/#/prod ... entennial/

Interestingly this says designed in Europe. Anyone know where it is actually manufactured? I'm going to assume Indonesia as I suspect that if this was being manufactured in Japan that Kemble would publicise it.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Kemble

Post by athomik »

Yamaha have always had piano technicians at their headquarters in Milton Keynes who, among other things, are responsible for prepping Yamaha pianos before delivery to the dealers. They now also handle Kemble and Bösendorfer pianos.

Kemble pianos are produced in Indonesia. The production facility was set up by Yamaha in consultation with Brian Kemble in an attempt to produce pianos which conform to the standards in build, touch and tone of the UK built pianos as closely as possible.
athomik

Adrian Thomas Music Services
http://www.adrianthomas.net
Ian J

Post by Ian J »

I tried a new Kemble when visiting a dealer recently and was impressed. The action feels very Yamaha -I had just been trying a U3 in the same room. In fact, I've asked to be notified when the Centennial model comes in as I'd really like to see if it's something special, it's supposed to have upgraded hammer felt and ivorite keys amongst other things over the standard 124cm model.
Ian
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

athomik wrote:Kemble pianos are produced in Indonesia.
I didn't know that! I thought that the Milton Keynes site was the last Kemble production facility. I'm glad to hear that Kemble hasn't died off completely. Mind you, in Northern Ireland, they are sparse on the ground. It's all Kawais and Yamahas at the moment!
schubert
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by schubert »

Kemble pianos are produced in Indonesia
Is this also true for their grand the KC173?

It would surprise me as the KC173 is basically a Yamaha C2 and the C2 is produced in Japan.

Does anybody know if Kemble have plans to make the silent system available (ex-factory) on their grand piano(s)?

schubert
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

schubert wrote:
Kemble pianos are produced in Indonesia
Is this also true for their grand the KC173?

It would surprise me as the KC173 is basically a Yamaha C2 and the C2 is produced in Japan.

Does anybody know if Kemble have plans to make the silent system available (ex-factory) on their grand piano(s)?

schubert

They use the Yamaha system and that is not available for retro fitting into pianos that have left the factory - that may change but... or maybe not

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
schubert
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by schubert »

They use the Yamaha system and that is not available for retro fitting into pianos that have left the factory - that may change but... or maybe not
I meant built in at the factory and not retro fitted. I never found or saw advertised any KC173 with silent system.

schubert