Seiler - heavy touch

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Seiler - heavy touch

Post by sirprize »

Does anyone have an intimate experience of the response characteristics of the Seiler 132 Konzert SMR upright with its patented Super Magnet Repetiton (SMR) technology?

I have committed myself to buying a recently-built model - a lovely sounding piano - but have reservations about the heaviness of the touch. There are apparently very few of these in the UK for me to make an evaluation against. I have a hunch/hope that the touch can be improved because at the moment its heaviness cancels out the benefits of its grand-piano repeat-note simulation. I would grow into it myself but pupils - many of whom practise on the very light keyboards of electronic instruments - will complain

Any thoughts gratefully received - particularly from technicians who know these pianos
sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sirprize »

I meant to add.......

I've read a number of postings in piano forums which mention the LIGHTNESS of touch of the Seiler 132 SMR.....so I'm baffled why this particular 132 should have a distinctly heavy touch

Suggestions......thoughts......contra-indications?

THANKS
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Not that well up on SMR action but your problem sound like damp in the action what is the humidity in the room

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page