Searching for rare stool

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Honeychild

Searching for rare stool

Post by Honeychild »

I inherited a 1937-38 Kemble Minx Miniature piano with cream(painted flowers) casework. From my research this particular casework is rare and finding the matching stool even rarer. Any ideas on where I may find one?

Also, any idea on what this piano is worth? I've only seen one being sold by Bedhampton Piano Shop in the Havant, Hants area and they wouldn't tell me what they were selling it for because I wasn't an interest buyer.

Any help on finding the stool would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Searching for rare stool

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Honeychild wrote:I inherited a 1937-38 Kemble Minx Miniature piano with cream(painted flowers) casework. From my research this particular casework is rare and finding the matching stool even rarer. Any ideas on where I may find one?

Also, any idea on what this piano is worth? I've only seen one being sold by Bedhampton Piano Shop in the Havant, Hants area and they wouldn't tell me what they were selling it for because I wasn't an interest buyer.

Any help on finding the stool would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
You cold try Kembles visit the site and register you piano and ask if they have a stool
www.uk-piano.org.uk/kemble/

As to price it is down to local market forces here with the unusual case it may retail at &1200.00 but then again no may want it because of the case

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Honeychild

Searching for rare stool

Post by Honeychild »

Thanks for your response Barry. I have registered with Kemble but their website doesn't have an email link. You can only contact them by phone or fax. Unfortunately, with a 5+ hour time difference, I'm usually at work and by the time I'm off it's too late.

I guess I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and send a note by snail mail.

Again, thanks for the help.

Honeychild