Krakauer Studio Grand Piano

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

vicki pattridge

Krakauer Studio Grand Piano

Post by vicki pattridge »

Hello from the US. I have found a Krakauer Studio Grand piano that the owners are listing at $650. I have been researching the name, but am not able to find much. The owners think that the piano dates back to the 1930's. The finish is just average, but plays well.

Any information you have will help in my decision to purchase this used piano.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

They were established in 1869 in New York in 1997 the company moved to Berlin Ohio the Berlin factory closed in1 985 Kimble made them after that

Do you have the serial number

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
vicki pattridge

Krakauer Studio Grand

Post by vicki pattridge »

Hi Barry -

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I do not know the serial number. I was trying to get information on when the studio grands were made. I thought it to be 1920-30's. It appears to be in good shape mechanically, but could stand to be refinished. For $650, do you feel it to be a good spend of money?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Krakauer Studio Grand

Post by Barrie Heaton »

vicki pattridge wrote:Hi Barry -

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I do not know the serial number. I was trying to get information on when the studio grands were made. I thought it to be 1920-30's.
?
I would try Ron Burry on the PTG web site he may know www.ptg,org or try to get hold of this guy Jack Greenfield of the PTG Chicago chapter he is well up on US piano history
vicki pattridge wrote: It appears to be in good shape mechanically, but could stand to be refinished. For $650, do you feel it to be a good spend of money?
I have not got a clue the piano need to be looked at by a tuner before you part with any money, it is just like me asking a mechanic in the US is this Morris car in the UK worth buying I don’t know when it was made but the out site is in mint condition He or she probably has have never seen a Morris car or worked on one.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page