Radio 3 at Piano History Centre

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Bill Kibby

Radio 3 at Piano History Centre

Post by Bill Kibby »

I had a fascinating visit from Radio 3 today, who called at the Piano History Centre to interview me. This will form part of a programme to be broadcast at 8pm on 23rd September, probably entitled "Piano Tales", part of their "Piano Season".

What was clear was that they were extremely impressed - almost overwhelmed - by the amount of piano history crammed into our little building, and I recognised their frustration in knowing that the building was not nearly big enough, and deserved more.

It was mentioned (of course) that we can't get a building without funding, we can't funding without charitable status, we can't register as a charity until we have a suitable income. If we had that, we wouldn't need funding!
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Gill the Piano

Re: Radio 3

Post by Gill the Piano »

Brilliant news; tell the local paper, won't you? Perhaps an Angel will be listening, as they call them in showbiz, who will rush forward with an open wallet...?
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Radio 3 at Piano History Centre

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Nice one Bill Hope it brings some interest and as Gill says the person with a wad of dosh

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Bill Kibby

Re: Radio 3 at Piano History Centre

Post by Bill Kibby »

To correct what I said slightly, the programme is on Radio 3 at 7.45pm tonight, and is called "Social History of the Piano".
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info