thinking of changing piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

If you budget is only 1500 + the pennies you will get for the keyboard I would keep the keyboard for now 2,500 would get you a good second-hand upright there are some grands for sale on the site in your price rage but they probably need a lot of work on them

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
D Minor
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by D Minor »

1. Is my keyboard a bit worthless now- has technology moved on so much it would be hard to get much out of it if I were to try and sell it?

I would agree with Barrie.I bitterly selling my Clavinova.Keep it!

2. Can I expect to get something better than what I've presently got if I were to spend &1000 - 1500 on a piano in addition to what I'd get selling the keyboard? Would a grand piano so cheap be dreadful?

I`ve just purchased a Yamaha U3 from a well known music store in Liverpool....it was &3000,but I haggled them down a bit and got interest free credit.The way this works is if purchase is &5000,you make 50 payments of &100 per month.If &2500,25 payments of &100 etc.It`s the only way I could afford it and &25 per week is not bad at all plus the fact I hate paying interest.Also included in the deal was free delivery and tuning.

Good Luck.