Holland Piano Mfg Co

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

janet dobbs

Holland Piano Mfg Co

Post by janet dobbs »

I recently got a piano made by the Holland Piano Mfg. Co. I am having a hard time finding info about the co and this piano. Does anyone out there have any information to help me?
S.J.

We just bought one too...

Post by S.J. »

1/5/04 we acquired a George B. Norris Console :) style piano. We went on Pianoworld.com. for $3 I found out that the name of our piano is that of the president of Holland Piano Mfg. Co. of Menomonie WI. They had offices in Minneapolis and ours we found out by serial number that it was built in 1924. This is 20 years older than we and our tuner guessed. That info was helpful and now I am on a Holland info quest too... Will share more as we continue our new journey.
S.J.

Holland Piano Mfg. Co.

Post by S.J. »

Bluebookofpianos.com had info for free. Holland Piano Mfg.Co. was located in Minneapolis and Menomonie. The factory is under the management of Mr. James E. Sleeper, a well known expert. This is direct info from the bluebook website.
Pianoworld.com has a good chart of current values if you know all the correct info about your piano for free.
S.J. :)
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The company was established in 1913 they also made Norland and Geo B Norris pianos, they stopped making pianos C1930 Quite a few piano manufactures folded in the 1930s in the US
Do you have the serial number?
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
kaboocan

Re: Holland Piano Mfg Co

Post by kaboocan »

Hi,

I have a Holland Piano that has been sitting in my house for 30 years and didn't think anything of it.

On the Keyboard cover has the following:

Holland
Chicago

On the Frame is:

Vertical Grand
French Repeating Action

Serial: 31779

Any information or details would be helpful

Thanks!
Bill Kibby

Re: Holland Piano Mfg Co

Post by Bill Kibby »

All I can tell you is the number suggests that it was made in 1919.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info