Merry Christmas everyone

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Merry Christmas everyone

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I hope that you got the presents you deserve and you have a wonderful Christmas Day and Boxing Day all the best for 2024.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Merry Christmas everyone

Post by chrisw »

Thank you Barrie. Happy Christmas to you and yours too. All the best for 2024.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

It's nice to put a face to a post. Have a great New Year. Keep Marion happy; tune it twice a year.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

Marianne came to tune on Dec 18th and she confirmed that she has recently been training two people to tune, one in Manchester and the other in north Lancs. She was happy that my piano had been stable over the eight months since she had last visited and that she would call again in about six months.

With regard to pianos being offered for sale in the north west I am intrigued that a store in Bolton has a 5' Broadwood grand for sale manufactured around the year 2000. It seems to have a scratched black polyester lid and the serial number is given as KJJFFG0010 which I an't make any sense of.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The Broadwood grand is probably a Chinese copy, I would give Alistair a ring or text him his number is on the Broadwoods website he doesn't do emails.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

Barrie Heaton wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 12:13 The Broadwood grand is probably a Chinese copy, I would give Alistair a ring or text him his number is on the Broadwoods website he doesn't do emails.

Barrie
Dr.L did not recognise the serial number so you are likely to be correct, Barrie, that it is a copy. I'm surprised that piano companies can get away with using somebody else's trade mark. We have to visit Manchester in the next couple of weeks so I hope to call in at this dealership and have a look myself provided it is still on the shop floor.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Broadwoods had a big battle with one of the Chinese companies about ten years ago over copies of the Broadwoods name.

I remember when hunts Pianos got in trouble they had a model called Lutener but the L was very ornate and it looked like Bluthner, bluthners reported them to trading standards, and they had to redo the logo.

Alll the best for 2024

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Paulbell

Post by Paulbell »

Thank you, I'm addicted to listening to Christmas songs on spotify premium even when it's not Christmas time. Is there anyone here like me?