Good short piano wanted

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

AndyM

Good short piano wanted

Post by AndyM »

I am looking for a replacement for our 1950's Kemble Minx, now that my daughter is learning we have realised how 'clunky' (for want of a better word) it is! I'm also finding it difficult to find a tuner who will touch it.

However, the reason I originally bought the Minx many years ago was that it makes a superb stand for an electronic keyboard, we currently have a Roland Workstation on top of it which won't fit anywhere else in the music room / office / dining room.

Any ideas? At the moment I'm tempted to go digital, but I think in time we'd miss the acoustic sound and feel. We could probably spend up to about 1500pounds.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The clunky sound and feel is due to the very small sound board and the extra bits in the action in there day they were quite popular

For a small piano you could try the Yamaha C110A 110cm tall they are sold here http://www.pianoplus.co.uk/yamaha-piano/uprights.html for 1,600 just a tad over your budget the Yamaha C113T would be better as it has a flat top to place your keyboard on but 500 over your budget

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page