Zeitter & Winkelmann - and Winkelmann

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

wilhorwood
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Zeitter & Winkelmann - and Winkelmann

Post by wilhorwood »

Hi there.

I am currently researching the Zeitter & Winkelmann piano makers who also used the Winkelmann name on its own sometimes. My interest is because my mother's family founded and owned the company for several generations, so I want to be able to tell the story to my children. I also want to ensure accurate information is out there because there seems to be a lot of poor information regarding this brand.

I am in the process of recording as many existing Z&W instruments as possible so that I can create an accurate guide for dating them, even if the serial number has been lost, because their branding changed quite frequently so I hope to be able to provide a piano dating tool based on branding as well as serial numbers.

If you have any pictures or information about these pianos, please get in touch.

Thanks
Dieter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Zeitter & Winkelmann - and Winkelmann

Post by Dieter »

https://www.dieter-gocht.de/?page_id=2958
Leider nur Deutsch, Unfortunately only german.
Best regards, D. Gocht
wilhorwood
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by wilhorwood »

Thank you. It contains some information I didn't know, but it also contains some information which I know to be incorrect
wilhorwood
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by wilhorwood »

I would be very interested to see photos of any Z&W pianos that people own, including inside the pianos. I am compiling a record of the various styles and branding used at different periods of time - please send me pics if you have them