Announcement for the DGX-200

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

dragontower

Announcement for the DGX-200

Post by dragontower »

Well I'm not impressed!!!
After talking to the seller and yamaha's manual for the DGX-200 it appears clear that a person can record from their piano to pc...
...Wrong!!! After downloading software after software plus getting finally an answer from Yamaha,YOU CANNOT RECORD YOUR "USER 201-205"SONGS TO YOUR COMPUTER !!!
IF I would have known this I would have bought the DGX-300(it's got a builtin floppy).

So to advise those of you that wants to buy the DGX-200 MINI GRAND PIANO, if you don't mine this lack of application then this is the one for you!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Not that MIDI is my forte but I would have thought if you have midi in and midi out you can record and most keyboards tend to have this. However, you could do it the old way with 2 mics a small mixer and your PC recording sweet

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Miyxam

Post by Miyxam »

In my opinion, recording through a keyboard, with no visual interface and ability to adjust individual notes (think Cakewalk) is not a good idea anyway. However, I have been using the User201-205 feature to play around on my keyboard and develop ideas. I was quite annoyed when after I began to rely on this feature to "save" my ideas until I could record them, I ran out of storage space. So now I have 4 cool little "compositions" worth saving; am unable to use this little "save" feature, and have no way of ever retaining these files. WTF poor design to the infinite exponent... :evil:
Leizul/INIFNA : Synthesis
jazzman
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by jazzman »

Give Yamaha a break! It's what you get when you spend 300/400 pounds.

If you want to save songs on the HDD then get the upper range models. The DGX's you are talking about, even the new range which are the same pretty much just with a different body frame and make printed on it, are designed for people who NEED 5 recording chanels.

Its like buying a Scooter and complaining that it does't go 150MPH even tho it has 2 wheels.

Rant Over.