Perzina

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Perzina

Post by sirprize »

Anyone got any comments on Perzina pianos? (A pupil is considering one). Cheers
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

They're quite decent, but hail from two different Chinese factories. They are owned by a Chinese and Dutch partnership (headed up by the wonderfully monikered Ronald Gerdinus Bol!) and distribution is masterminded from the Dutch factory. They have a growing reputation here, but are almost revered in the US and have a kudos to rival many European brands. Still, many US citizens still think a Baldwin Monarch is a good piano, so whaddathey know.

The best ones are the latest models from the new factory which claim a high percentage of European content. This usually means Delignit planks, Röslau strings, German wrestpins and Royal George hammers. The old factory is now producing the Kingsburg pianos.

Perzina use a number of brand names including Eavestaff, (formerly made by Dutch outfit, Rippen) Carl Ebel, Sangler, and Gehr. Steinberg (not to be confused with the former DDR, now German, Wilh. Steinberg!) and Perzina itself.

In the UK most are fitted with the in-house action, but the US market pianos have Detoa actions from the Czech republic which in all honesty are probably several grades poorer. There may be plans to start selling these models here.
sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sirprize »

Dependable as ever PG - thanks a mill! I've only ever played one Perzina and was very impressed I must say. I take it then that the 'right' Perzina is a better bet than a Gors & K?

I just can't keep up with the byzantine world of oriental pianos. Maybe Barry should run a special page on the whole world of 'Germese/Chiman' pianos, and their provenance, as they are becoming so prevalent?
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

sirprize wrote:Dependable as ever PG - thanks a mill! I've only ever played one Perzina and was very impressed I must say. I take it then that the 'right' Perzina is a better bet than a Gors & K?
Better than a new Chinese G&K certainly.

Not better than a correctly rebuilt or perfect original classic G&K.
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Tuned the latest "European Standard" Perzina today. A 110cm model. Very impressive for the money.

Boasting German/UK felt, Delignit wrestplank, Röslau strings blah blah blah. Still obviously Chinese, but streets ahead of a Pearl River.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

sirprize wrote: I just can't keep up with the byzantine world of oriental pianos. Maybe Barry should run a special page on the whole world of 'Germese/Chiman' pianos, and their provenance, as they are becoming so prevalent?
What I can tell you is that Yantai-Perzina Piano Manufacturing Co. Ltd made 6,600 pianos last year of which 3,900 were exported to the west They are number 17 in the league table, number one is Guangzhou PearlRiver Piano Group with 74,510 pianos a year 16264 exported to the west

Getting info out of them can be very, very slow

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Barrington

Perzina

Post by Barrington »

I've played a Perzina 129, it was beautiful! I'm not sure if it was second hand or something but it was absolutely incredible for the money. Are they really Chinese? I've always been warned off Chinese pianos in the past?

Baz
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Perzina

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Barrington wrote:Are they really Chinese?
yip

I've always been warned off Chinese pianos in the past?

Baz
Barrington wrote:
That use to be the case and still is for some but they have come a long way QC

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Perzina

Post by PianoGuy »

Barrington wrote:I've played a Perzina 129, it was beautiful!
Yes, they're good pianos. Did it have the "ESQ" label on it proclaiming "European Standard Quality"? I tuned a Perzina grand today, and that had a Renner action to boot!
Barrington wrote:I'm not sure if it was second hand or something but it was absolutely incredible for the money. Are they really Chinese?
Yes.
Barrington wrote:I've always been warned off Chinese pianos in the past?
That's because in the past they've made some crap.

Track down a Hsing Hai or a Waldstein from 15 years ago. They were a joke. The joke is not so funny now they've knacked our home grown piano industry.