We are moving the UK Piano Page

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are moving the UK Piano Page

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The UK Piano Page is moving to a new server and ISP. As it is our 10th birthday this year we are giving the UK Piano Page a new look at the same time. The move will take place on Sunday 26th so there may be some outage on the forum most will see the change over as a none event, depending on your ISPs DNS servers. If on Monday you find you can not access the site pleases use www.uk-piano.co.uk most DNS servers should be updated with in 48 hours.

www.uk-piano.co.uk will after a week send you to www.uk-piano.org so don’t bother bookmaking it

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Am liking the suffusion of yellow, Barrie!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Some think it is a bit hard on the eyes

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

What yellow: I got red, white and blue...white page with red, blue and grey boxes and print.....is there something wrong with my pc? :wink:
And the white page is hard on my eyes Barrie :cry:
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Geminoz wrote:What yellow: I got red, white and blue...white page with red, blue and grey boxes and print.....is there something wrong with my pc? :wink:
And the white page is hard on my eyes Barrie :cry:
The background is #FFFF99 light yellow You must have a not so good graphics card as that colour is a web safe one part of the 256 colour range.

or Or are we a tad colour blind

Black on Yellow… is so they say the best colour to read form

work calls

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I see red white and blue as well. I thought we were being patriotic... :? Perhaps I drink too much good beer. Or not enough... :wink:
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Gill the Piano wrote:I see red white and blue as well. I thought we were being patriotic... :? Perhaps I drink too much good beer. Or not enough... :wink:
it is a very light yellow I see it my son see it but my daughter see it as white.

We have 5 computers at home and it is different shade on all of them, if you look at the ABPT logo that is white

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

I tried all the colour resolutions that are at my disposal and it is white on all of them... :?
Colour Blind?...nooooooo :wink:
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Well whatever colour it is, I like it. And I prefer the new typeface as well. Well done Barry; you do us proud!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Gill the Piano wrote:Well whatever colour it is, I like it. And I prefer the new typeface as well. Well done Barry; you do us proud!
We aim to please some times

What do you think of Britannia in her Christmas outfit you should see the summer one

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

She looks very festive :D
Are we to expect a bikini for summer? :wink:
fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

A background of #FFFF99 does indeed show as a rather bright custardy yellow on my PC, but not on the ukpiano forums. I don't seem to have loaded the ukpiano.css file, so that's possibly where the problem is.

Also the text of the posts is the horrible Times New Roman, instead of the lovely Verdana (or whatever it should be). Rather strangely the text shown when I reply to posts, and the quoted text, appears as Verdana. Something strange is happening.

Rgds.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

fumbler wrote:Hi,

A background of #FFFF99 does indeed show as a rather bright custardy yellow on my PC, but not on the ukpiano forums. I don't seem to have loaded the ukpiano.css file, so that's possibly where the problem is.

Also the text of the posts is the horrible Times New Roman, instead of the lovely Verdana (or whatever it should be). Rather strangely the text shown when I reply to posts, and the quoted text, appears as Verdana. Something strange is happening.

Rgds.
The main text of the site is
arial, helvetica, sans-serif
tahoma, Verdana

on the forurms
Courier, 'Courier New', sans-serif;

quoted text is
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

Your browser will take the first in the list then work its way down the list to find a fount if you have none of them on your computer it defaults to your browser defaults
However, most computers have Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; MACs well they have Arial

I have put the full url in for the css see if that helps Your browser must be defaulting to Times the yellow should not be bright but a faint yellow

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Barrie. I'm sure you're right about the fonts, I guessed at Verdana and TNR (I think that fonts look better when they are common over a page, forum and quoted text, and I'm no fan of Courier!).

I have loaded the css file now, but the forums still disply the same. Not a trace of yellow anywhere. Unfortunately I am not skilled enough to sort out why some are seeing yellow and others not.

Rgds.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

On the forum the background in the text areas is grey two shades on the site as a hole the founts are the same. what ever the default is in your browser. But on the forum pianos for sale and parts of the list of teacher tuners ect they do have selected founts so items will line up

You can override css on your browser see
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/ie_css.html

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

Well, no matter Barrie, it all looks very neat and tidy regardless of the colour and as Gil says, you have done a great job.
We are lucky to have such a great piano site....so again thank you!! :D
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

It's yellow on a proper computer.

:twisted: :evil: