Sheet music store to close in Brum!!!

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Oh, thats sad Dave :( . Its such a shame music shops are hard to come by, bloodly modern life! people are too bleming lazy to get of their ariss and do some thing constructive :evil:. Sometimes I wish I was brought up when the piano was a cool instrument... :shock:

Maybe you could ask your piano teacher where she gets her music from :?: there must be some music shops, a bus ride away.

My local music shop is a short bus ride away, its rather run down looking; if it closed I would be upset but I do have Chaples though.

There used to be a music shop really close to me actually, but it was there even before my parents. I found this out as there was this old vinyl record in a charity shop, and I thought the packaging ( hey I'm a designer! ) looked funky ( looks about 1930s ). Turns out it came from a music shop near me! its says on the cover, Saville Pianos, piano tuning and repairs, gramophones, sheet music...etc etc, and its got these nice illustrations on it. I stuck it on my bedroom wall! 8)

Its just a little bit of history when the piano was a popular instrument, maby you might find a little bit of piano history near you?
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

dave brum wrote: it wouldn't be a graphic designers job you'd be looking for but a servant's or some other 'woman's job' in the absence of equality!!!
Yeah, I would want to work in Lyon's ( now Lyon's Tea ) ; that big cafe that used to be in London in the 20s or 30s as a waitress! :lol:
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

It could of been possible! To think if I grew up then I would be a piano playing waitress at Lyons! You see my parants would of had a piano in the house in those days and I would of had lessons as a kid! :D ...but its just a dream :( .

Actually my parants did have a piano in the house before I was born, but sold it :cry: :evil: . I was soo close to becoming a pianist! :cry:
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Is Bauers a piano shop too?
Here, music instrument retailers also supply examination music resources from the main examination boards. If they do not stock it in the store, most will order it on request.