Im searching for my pricate piano tutor from about 15 years

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

hazel kenny

Im searching for my pricate piano tutor from about 15 years

Post by hazel kenny »

Hi, I'm new to this site, having only discovered it tonite.
I'm actually searching for a private tutor who taught in the Cheshunt area of Hertfordshire about 15-20yrs ago. A long time i know, its a shot in the dark to see if anyone out there knows the whereabouts of a Miss Sarna Knight. I believe her full name was Sarenka Chonka (think her parents were polish or german) She had a piano studio in the garden of her parents house in Cheshunt , then resided in St.Albans for a time, whilst commuting to her pupils homes to give lessons. The last I heard from her, she was living in the south of France between Perpignan and the Spanish border. She may have gone to Australia for a while as her partners job in the oil industry took him over there.
If anybody has any clues of her whereabouts. please get in touch. I would love to get in contact with her again. She became a good friend of mine and my mothers.
Thank you in anticipation
Hazel Kenny (nee Hindley)
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Don't suppose her parents would still be there? Worth looking on the 192 directory enquiry page...that's where I found my old teacher!
hazel kenny

Post by hazel kenny »

i'll give it a go. will i get the web address off google?
her parents weren't young so they may have passed on, but i'll try.
Thank you!!
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

There's an outside chance that she might be a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians - you could see if they have a directory (online or otherwise) of teachers.
hazel kenny

i may have a break through in my search!!

Post by hazel kenny »

I looked at the musicians association you mentioned, but no joy.
Then, tonite, while talking about it with my mum, I a lightbulb moment and wondered if my teachers father was english and not foreign as I knew his wife was. My mum guessed the house number, I was 2 houses out!!
So back to 192 I went, and hey presto!!!.........the resident there is of the same surname as my teacher.
I'm thinking it could be her sister, so I'm just about to write a letter to see if she is related!!!
I'll keep you posted if you like??!!!!
Thank you for your advice....it could prove invaluable.
mweekes

Sarna Knight

Post by mweekes »

Hi,

Sarna was my piano teacher about 20 years ago too.

Have you had any luck finding her?