Advice on piano removal please

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Model V
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Advice on piano removal please

Post by Model V »

I need to move a grand from Derby to Sussex and another one from East Sussex back to Derby, preferably on the same day. The two Sussex locations are a few miles apart; just one location in Derby.

I’d be ever so grateful of advice as to the most cost-effective way of doing this and (possibly) recommendations of a company that I could trust to do it.

I’m assuming if I use a company local to Derby or Sussex this would save on wasted miles.
Thanks,

MV.
mdw
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Advice on piano removal please

Post by mdw »

You need an mover based in Derby and even then this is going to be expensive. You could try the bigger companys but you are going to be paying for 2 blokes and a van for a whole day just for your job. Doing it on seperate days would allow it to be done as a part load which should make it much cheaper. Piano Logistics are the only ones weve used.
Model V
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Advice on piano removal please

Post by Model V »

I hadn't thought of that! Thank you. The Sussex/Derby leg might have gone away now, but I wouldn't have any problem with a gap between the date of puck-up and delivery. I'm assuming (hoping) that might save money too.

Thanks so much,

MV.