Debussy Reverie

For sharing your recorded performance of grade exam pieces or repertoire

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Phrasemaker

Debussy Reverie

Post by Phrasemaker » 06 Jan 2019, 21:43

https://youtu.be/9wb1b4_mm4s

We're still getting to know our new, used Yamaha A1. It seems to be settling quite well and had one basic tuning a month ago. Hopefully we can get it regulated fairly soon. No issues with it, more a case of having it properly set up up so we can make a proper assessment of what else we want to do to get it tailored to our personal preferences. My daughter played for a couple of hours this morning which gave me a chance to have another go at recording the instrument. Not quite got the audio as good as I'd like yet, but overall the piano records well enough.

chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Debussy Reverie

Post by chrisw » 06 Jan 2019, 22:25

Well done to you both. I have played this piece and there is no way I could memorise it. Last time I played it in front of an audience I somehow got lost half way down the first page but kept it going and found a place I could pick it up again. I also make loads of mistakes when I play for other people. I liked the sound level in this video.

Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano » 07 Jan 2019, 17:38

Lovely. I admire anyone who can perform in front of an audience. My number of thumbs is directly proportional to the number of people listening.
I play for my own amazement... :piano;

chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw » 12 Jan 2019, 11:56

Gill the Piano, do you not play a piece of music after tuning a piano ? If so there must be some owners that are listening to you.

Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano » 12 Jan 2019, 20:29

I do (though not every tuner can play) but rattle 'em off quickly! :oops:
I play for my own amazement... :piano;