Which one

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

damo_barnsley

Which one

Post by damo_barnsley »

I've managed to get hold of some student loan money, meaning I now have more to spend on a stage piano. I am stuck between several choices. The one I think I will go for is the KORG SP300 (&749). Or am I better off going cheaper with either the SP200 (&549) or Yamaha P60 (&599)? I need a good stage piano to do gigs with. Is there much difference between the pianos in terms of quality, as obviously the jump in price is quite alot. Which one am I better off going for? Is it worth keeping the extra &200 or going for the more expensive Korg? Thanks. Damien
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The P60 is Yamahas latest entry level stage piano
Yamaha P120 is the most popular one in the country you can get it for &800 but that is a bit over your price rage

KORG SP200 is good some of the sales guys thing the new Yam is better You also have the Tec P50

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
damo_barnsley

Post by damo_barnsley »

Thats great. Do you think its worth spending the extra &200 and getting the KORG SP300?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I don't know much about KORG the more features the more you can do, the best place to ask is rec.music.makers.piano some of the folk on there will be using them and will give you the full low-down if you don't have access to news you can get to it by Google

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page