Feurich silent system

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Maciej

Feurich silent system

Post by Maciej »

Hi,

I am looking for an new silent upright piano. The most obvious options are Kawai and Yamaha pianos.
I tried also Feurich uprights and their 178 grand, but unfortunately dealers I visited don't stock silent versions.

Anybody here tried Feurich upright or grand with factory fitted system. Could you share your opinion or compare to Kawai/Yamaha silent systems?

I couldn't find even single opinion on the web.
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Feurich silent system

Post by Colin Nicholson »

I have heard of Feurich - but the old German name from the early 1900's. I would guess that this name has been re-used in the Chinese or Japanese market - like other names of pianos. Not many manufacturers will fit silent systems as 'standard' - these are usually optional extras - like adding a CD multi-changer to your car.... some cars may have it fitted, some not.

Yes, Yamaha & Kawai do fit the silent systems to some of their models..... however, when the middle pedal slides over, it becomes a digital piano with headphones.

Most pianos can be fitted with a silent system as an optional extra, however I wouldn't bank on every piano you see having an equivalent one with a silent system - simply because they cost about an extra £3K - and not many sell. The system also needs to be professionally fitted.

Barrie may know a contact for you.
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

I'm not sure about the Feurich system, but I believe someone like Seiler use the Yamaha system (as do the Kemble silents). I also don't know how up to date these systems are compared to the Yamaha system. Yamaha have introduced their "SH" system recently, usually Kemble are up to date, but I don't know what the policy is for third party manufacturers.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Thank you guys for your reply.

On Feurich's webpage they call it UK – Silencer System, but unfortunately this is the only information about the system. I sent them email asking for more details but still awaiting reply. As soon as I get any details will share it here.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

Feurich put their name on Hailun/Wendl und Lung pianos that are made in China, and they also have pianos hand built in germany.

I've never played either. I've never played a Wendl/Hailun piano or even heard one to my knowledge.
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

As you said in your opening,Stick with kawai or Yamaha silent pianos which are factory fitted,than getting One retro fitted,just to save a few quid.
FEURICH Vienna

Post by FEURICH Vienna »

FEURICH has currently developed a new silcener System with 4 times higher sensitivness and precision. We will Show that on the Fankfurt Music Fair that week coming up at April 10th. We will give more Information on our Homepage later on. If you are interested in an Information please send a mail to Feurich@live.de and we can give you some Information.

FEURICH is today owned by an austrian Company and produced Upright Pianos and Grand Pianos in China as well as in Germany. A new manufacturing copperation has recently been announced, together with Enzenauer Grand-Piano Manufactury (Enzenauer Flügel Manufaktur). The first Innovation form that cooperation is a new REE© Premium Edition which is an upper mid-class series of Uprights and Grand Pianos based on the FEURICH Basic line. It is tuned and improves for experienced and demanding private piano Players. We can even provide Information about that series.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

All sounds very interesting. It would be good to get feedback from anyone going to Frankfurt.