Rhythm tones for Yamaha CP300

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

asifmcc

Post by asifmcc »

Hi,

I have been struggling for trying to get any rhythm tone out from my CP300. I mean common beat tones and also "Sync in" and "Fill in" type of functions that allows kids to spruce up their play pieces.

i tried reading the manual and all the XG voices but i can't seem to get it.

Can anybody help PLEASE?

Regards
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Rhythm tones for Yamaha CP300

Post by athomik »

Try calling the Yamaha Customer helpline on 0844 811 1116. They should be able to help. Or you can email them at https://yamahaeurope.secure.force.com/w ... =en&qxz=uk
athomik

Adrian Thomas Music Services
http://www.adrianthomas.net
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Rhythms are something that I never really looked into on the CP-300 but I have just dug out the manual and at a quick glance, there aren't any built-in rhythms. Using a combination of drumkits, you could CREATE your own beat using the 16-track recording setting but, if you are like me, you won't want to be bothered.

Another solution would be to add an external device or sequencer, either by means of hardware or else by a software programme on your computer; either will connect through MIDI.

The CP-300 is a stage piano with great sounds but it is built with an emphasis on live performance. Tacky preset rhythms would reduce it to nothing more than a very good Casio!
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

Yeah I was going to say you can't find the build in rhythms because there aren't any....

I'm sure you could download some patterns on the laptop.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Yeah... in MIDI format so that you can use the XG sounds - or ANY onboard sounds for that matter!
asifmcc

Post by asifmcc »

Awesome replies, thanks folks! I do realize is my fraustration is due to my own inability to compose rhythms and asking more of a "non-pro" type feature, and I do admit it.

The problem is that I really am not an expert and only trying to help my son who is learning piano. And kids do seem to enjoy built in rhythms to improvise tunes and have fun.

I did send the yamaha support people got no answer yet. Perhaps a bit more simplified direction on how to connect a soft sequencer would be good enough.

Regards --Asif
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

asifmcc wrote:Perhaps a bit more simplified direction on how to connect a soft sequencer would be good enough.
Are you asking how to connect a sequencer or a laptop to your CP-300?
KristinkaHaic

Post by KristinkaHaic »

The "Uno - 1-In/1-Out USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface" works for me. It doesn't require any driver installation at all. Just plug and play.