My Little Finger!

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Blodwen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

My Little Finger!

Post by Blodwen »

Hi!!
This is probably really random, but my piano teacher pointed out the other day that when I do scales, the little finger on my left hand sticks up! Im now really conscious of it now and it looks really weird lol! ANy tips on how to get it to stick down not up? lol x
Qcam2010
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: My Little Finger!

Post by Qcam2010 »

Have you tried the Leschetizky Solution ? - I can highly recommend it. Excellent exercise technique to help strengthen weak fingers.

Here is a link explaining the technique.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1YJu ... &q&f=false
Blodwen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Blodwen »

ooooh thanks QCam, I shall have to have a proper look at that when I get home from work tonight! Ill see if I can train my little finger by Friday!!
Qcam2010
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Qcam2010 »

No worries, it worked wonders for me within a fortnight. I did the exercises twice a day for both hands. Job done. Good luck.
samasap
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by samasap »

I wouldn't worry about it too much! But it does sound like you may have a bit of tension in your hands, so maybe try and keep your hands lower your fingers slightly more curled and make sure your arm isn't tense! This may help you.
Try doing some co-ordination exercises on simple notes just doing c d e f g f e d c, using 1 2 3 4 5 as fingering, and see if this helps.