Software to learn piano

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

mal

Software to learn piano

Post by mal »

Download software to learn piano with video guide.http://pianopract.us/ :piano;
ensurepune

Re: Software to learn piano

Post by ensurepune »

In my opinion Piano marvel software is easy to learn .even a small child of 10 yrs age can learn easily through its easy instructions.one can find youtube video about it on this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QotI0BLT ... r_embedded
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

That seems to be pretty good. However, I don't think any computer software, however modern, will ever completely substitute learning with another adult. This is good for homeworks or additional skills to use alongside piano lessons or during summer hols, etc. when the piano teacher is not teaching.

This is good - no doubt about that.
bluedianthus
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by bluedianthus »

how about software to improvise during play piano for church songs? Any suggestion?
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

I don't think there is any such thing. Improvisation is so open-ended that software teaching you how to improvise would be counter-productive.

Improvisation (as your linked websites show) is taught best by showing the general effects, reasoning and a couple of building blocks to let people develop their own style and tastes.

BTW, are these websites in your signature your own websites?
bluedianthus
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by bluedianthus »

Thank you for your comment markymark. In my church, i think improvisation is the challenge faced by every piano player during choir practice/presentation. Some of the pianist play as if they're playing for the church sermons. So i thought that if there's any other way to learn how to improvise, that will be better.

No, the websites are for my references..for the first link, i learn a lot via the video included (Blueberry Hill Rhytm), i helps a lot for a beginner like me (coz i play by ear(i dont read tabs, i 'm more or like to imitate). As for the second website, i subscribe to receive previews, additional tips and sources on how to learn to play gospel piano.

p/s: most of pianist in my church dont read music scores, they're just play by ear (and some just see the do re me (numbers/solfage) and their beat/tempo to play)
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

With everyone improvising, it must keep the music very fresh sounding as each musician will have a different interpretation of the music, depending on their experience, styles and even mood.

There must be some challenge tho when you start learning new songs?
bluedianthus
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by bluedianthus »

Yes, exactly and that's why everyone is unique.
Hmm....when start to play new songs, especially choir practice, need choir members to sing the tune first (soprano's part)
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

So if the choir teaches you the tune... who teaches the choir the new songs?
bluedianthus
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by bluedianthus »

The choirmaster will find the songs form hymal book. instead of music score, all of choir members read do re me (1,2 3 version)~can see 'Majesty' song via this link http://bluedianthus.blogspot.com/ and how we sing it. Dont forget to enlarge the pic for better viewing.