What a complete and utter twallock

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

What a complete and utter twallock

Post by sirprize »

Even HE has outdone himself in this edifice of cack http://cgi.ebay.com/Bechstein-White-Gol ... .m63.l1177. Will someone - anyone - please him out of his misery?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I've read it....I may go and lie in a dark room for a while... :shock:
genaa
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by genaa »

reminds me of that Verve song "the drugs don't work"......................(nor, it appears, does care in the community for that matter!)
D Minor
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by D Minor »

Thank you for that. I always love reading his listings...in very small dosings...5ml every few weeks is just right.

What's all this about including pics of young ladies recently? :oops: Next thing they will be draping themselves over the piano...

Thought about starting a new post on the forum here, but decided against it...so....

Just to say a quick Hello and many thanks to Barrie. I met him for the first time yesterday and he has done a marvellous job tuning my piano...Pianoguy...if you are reading this, it's the one that was replaced in regard to the sticky keys.

I think there was a posting way back about piano teachers tending to stay with one tuner. Well I have to say Barrie has just acquired another teacher on his books and I will be recommending him to all my pupils and friends.

See you again in 6 months, Barrie. I'll be a good girl and tune my piano more often :roll: You know what teachers are like!

I would once again like to express my thanks for the advice I have received and now the great service.

Best wishes to All.
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

To be fair, he really needs to take over Russell Brand's slot on Radio 2 with immediate effect.
"Each day grow older, and learn something new."
Solon (c. 630 - c. 500 B.C.), Greek Statesman and Reformer
pianotechman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pianotechman »

Crumbs, I gave up reading his bumph and went on to a shorter work....'War and Peace', for some light relief!
His stonemason is going to be able to retire after carving his eppitaph! :lol:
David Hamilton Smith
WinstonChurchill
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by WinstonChurchill »

At least he has good taste in hockey teams!
Brumtuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Brumtuner »

I feel sorry for his milkman.

"More milk, the music of godlike warriors humming Oasis by an oasis which Himler sang there is a blonde girl to which a demigod of mega violet energy saving paranormal cascading down the long leg of a frauline Pauline and a loaf please."

Hope that didn't make sense.
mdw
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by mdw »

Theres another nutter asking people to pay £4k for a Challen similar to one played by the Beatles. NOT the one played by the Beatles but just the same model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 260311958029 is the ebay number if you want a laugh. A financial crisis certainly seem to bring them out of the wood work.
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

Nuttier than a mad hatter, just about sums up this Raymanboy character.
Has anyone yet figured out what language he’s writing? It makes me think of Unwinese, developed by Stanley Unwin - who old timers like myself will recall was popular in the 50’s-60’s.

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMmJfG0-bU

I get the impression that from all Raymanboy’s zero ebay bids currently shown, he could probably make more money writing new Monty Python or other tv comedy scripts than attempting to sell pianos.
Which makes me think of these musical related gems:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjS3gzHetA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btS7-UoK2Oo

Pianotuni deep joy, remarkabold!
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

I note that my previous http links were not active. Can anyone pls explain why?
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
genaa
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by genaa »

you need to enclose a link between a [.url] and [./url] code (with the fullstops taken out)
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Apparently none of those videos are available...:(
Mind you, my computer hates me; it might just be me.
Grenache
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Grenache »

mdw wrote:Theres another nutter asking people to pay £4k for a Challen similar to one played by the Beatles. NOT the one played by the Beatles but just the same model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 260311958029 is the ebay number if you want a laugh. A financial crisis certainly seem to bring them out of the wood work.
This guy says the piano is "underdampened". Obviously not been out in the weather we've had this week :D
major corbin dallas
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by major corbin dallas »

This is a link to a Mercedes Car that he recently sold, or attempted to sell.

If you watch the video, it appears he is videoing whilst driving on public roads. Dangerous on the internet, and in real life.

Major

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... t_4505wt_0
pianotechman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pianotechman »

Thanks to a couple of posters, I now know who 'Raymanboy' is. Some years ago, when he was trading in Berkshire, I went with a client to look at some of his pianos. The reconditioning was dire and then he showed her a dreadfull battered upright with a split wrestplank. Appart from telling her that it was perfectly tunable,[although the tuning crank spun back when you let it go!] he said it was the piano used in the 'Coca Cola' advert, and had belonged to a millionair. I said " I bet he was glad to get rid of this heap of c**p then!" At which point my client erupted into uncontrolled laughter. Raymanboy just carried on with his sales patter oblivious to what I'd said.......needless to say we didn't buy anything from him. Has anybody? :lol:
David Hamilton Smith
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Judging by his feedback, many people have, and furthermore they appear satisfied!! Just goes to show how the huge number of crooks there are in the piano trade somehow appear to prosper.
David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by David B »

PianoGuy wrote:Just goes to show how the huge number of crooks there are in the piano trade somehow appear to prosper.
speaking from experience, sir? 8)
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

I certainly am, matey.

It staggers me what rogue dealers get away with and how much some of them charge for it.
mdw
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by mdw »

Are these rogue dealers trained techs gone bad or just crooks who have decided the piano trade is the one for them. The local cowboy round our way has no training in the trade and just bought a few grotty straight strungs and decided to be a piano dealer.
It does seem to be a trade where people just decide " im going to be a piano expert" and the public seem to fall for it. And the more bull you put on you web site the better from what I can see.
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

[quote="mdw"]Are these rogue dealers trained techs gone bad or just crooks who have decided the piano trade is the one for them. [quote]

Some of each sadly.
And the semi-skilled who believe their own hype!
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

...and the ones who think owning an electronic box of tricks qualifies them as a 'trained' tuner!
pianotechman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pianotechman »

Can't think for the life of me who you might be talking about Gill!
David Hamilton Smith
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

there are crooks in all trades. The main problem is that a lot of people dont know a good piano from a bad one and as such, trust the person selling it. If you get "What Piano" next month then all the answers will be answered, including "Whats wrong with my £50 online auction site piano?"
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

Come on, it can't be real - these Ebay items have got to be a wind-up.

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering what the **** that ebay description is all about! If it's not a wind up he must have done way too many drugs.

That's nothing compared to what inane abortions he has listed at the moment. Take a look at this one -it really takes some beating! What a sad fate for such fine instruments.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Broadwood-Rosendor ... %3A1318

Judging by the feedbacks and comments from dissatisfied customers looks like he started by selling used cars.

Hmm....... The old (clapped out) piano in the village hall wants scrapping but I've got an idea -maybe I could list it on Ebay for £1,000 and state it is "similar" to the one played by Marge in "The Simpsons" cartoon.
mdw
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by mdw »

Another ebay fantasist. 300278456405 he seems to think "a french polisher can renew the finish with a couple of hours work". Looks like some ones eaten bits of it!!! Or look at his other items for sale. Mmmmm a lime green Baldwin upright niiiiiiiice. There should be a special section of the forum just for this sort of thing, always makes me laugh when the weathers grim. :lol:

I pay for a skip for this sort of crap so it never sees the light of day again.
Brumtuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Brumtuner »

Heyyyyyyy, my Fazioli is lime green.
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by MarkGoodwinPianos »

I emailed the seller of the piano in the opening post of this topic. I can't remember exactly what I said as it was a couple of months ago now but I was polite and said I enjoyed the auction description and wish him/her well in the sale.

I got a very enthusiastically written reply and remember thinking I'd love to spend an afternoon in a pub with this person.

:)
Yamaha Pianos for sale (usually 50+ in stock)
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

Too true, this listing doesn't even have a picture of the piano on it - just a girl!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIE-PALETTEINEM-S ... 240%3A1318

I notice that it's listed under another seller alias but it's the same unmistakable drivel.
The seller has made it necessary for us to read all the description not part before both placing bid and asking questions.

Members are expected to have shown they have done this.
As if!! :roll:
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

He's got (from about £10,000) dow to 99p with no reserve and there's still no bids. Looks like he's getting desperate to shift it!

LOL

:lol:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROSENDORFER-DREAM ... 240%3A1318
Reverie

Re: What a complete and utter twallock

Post by Reverie »

Hello All,

Whilst perusing the site for about the third time (looking for a piano and some previously posted buying advice) I came across this thread... and oh how I laughed! Subsequently, I had to register immediately.
On my quest to find a piano I had a look around ebay to see if there were any hidden gems within the listings and came across the vendor in question.
Apart from losing the will to live, realising I had lost valuable minutes of my life never to be reclaimed, I wondered whether I had accidentally dosed myself up with some sort of brain-warping hallucinogenic. Out of a sense of good will, I thought I'd email the vendor to, primarily, see if they were 'alright' and proffer some feedback in a kindly fashion. The emails were as follows:
"Dear raymanboy,
May I ask why your listed items are so bizarrely and obscurely
described? Makes it very hard for anyone to decipher the facts
about the article you're trying to sell.
In fact.. it comes across as a bit strange.... Surely that's not your
intention, is it?
- reverie"

Reply:

"Dear reverie,
Hello
Thankoyu for your eMail. And I understand you are finding something strange in the listing. Will try to be of help - please tell us what it is you dont understand and will gladly explain.
Kind regards
- raymanboy

At this point I thought aww... they sincerely think I have comprehension issues and need a bit of 'help'.. then before I could respond, I got the following...

Dear reverie,
PS

It is the feedback which is the biggest issue we have lost with by eBay. This was not the intention of raymanboy and one/both comments were left against ebay Feedback Policy.
This has caused the change where we find many members place varied descriptions which still tell you nothing about the seller. Conversely you can see this seller has done the homework can't you - consider eBay should have corrected the feedback that in this they have let is down misserably.
Kind regards

- raymanboy

Can anyone else hear the voices? :shock:
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

It would appear that Raymanboy has several other new aliases on Ebay. The items and descriptions seem to be getting even more obscure. There's even a Bechstein piano painted like a butterfly. This guy really shouldn't have stopped taking the tablets.

On reading, the following would appear to not actually be a Bechstein piano. Surely this is against Ebay policy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GERMAN-GRAND-DEUT ... dZViewItem

Doesn't look like his jibberish is helping his sales due to the fact he isn't managing to sell anything!

Regarding his car listings - would you honestly trust a guy like that to sell you a used car!
Last edited by Pianomate on 23 Feb 2009, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by David B »

And curiously, he seems to think that a few pictures of Hitler will improve his sales :shock:
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

The fraudster also appears to be called "laddbrookes" (obviously trying to trade on an existing defunct piano company name) as well as "chelseadollshouseantiques".

He should be stopped before he hurts someone.
PG

The opinion above is purely that of PianoGuy and is simply the opinion of one person ....

If you're buying a piano, try as many as you can and buy the one you like, not a similar one of the same type.
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

Just when you thought they couldn't get any more weird:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-Very-Grand-Pian ... 240%3A1318

They are like "spoof" listings.

Again another fake "Steinway" piano. Very dodgy, I'm sure.
PianoFifty
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by PianoFifty »

Well, all I can say is the casework looks nice. But, as they say, "the smelliest dogs have the shiniest coats".......

But then I see 'Boston, Lincolnshire', and that explains everything. He's probably got webbed feet.

Oh dear, am I banned now?
All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order......
David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by David B »

I don't think that you lot can criticise unless you have read all the "sales literature" :shock:

I am sure that it will change your life :wink:
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

I wonder if the guy talks like the way he writes?
PianoFifty
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by PianoFifty »

Check out his other listing on ebay - its just as batty:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Biggles-Smoot-Sed ... dZViewItem

Anyone any ideas what that piano actually is?
All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order......
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Sorry; got as far as the Elgin Marbles then lost the will to live...
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

Found another listing - they keep getting even longer and more bizarre. I wonder if there is a limit to the amount of text you can put in an Ebay ad.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/C-BECHSTEIN-GRAND ... 1|294%3A50
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

Nuttier than a squirrel. And did you note his other offerings? Amongst others a Steinaway which some have actually bid on! (Quote:) "Beauty that here is that her prestigeous standing as such and by original Steinway's Elephant support the only surely true Steinway." :?
I couldn't have put it better myself.
A used straight-jacket being offered with every piano purchased?
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Someone section him quick!
PG

The opinion above is purely that of PianoGuy and is simply the opinion of one person ....

If you're buying a piano, try as many as you can and buy the one you like, not a similar one of the same type.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I love the Letraset-stylee logo on the fall...when did Bechstein introduce that, I wonder?
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sirprize »

Having inoocently to started this incomparable thread some undue aeons ago I see it has achieved insoumantable greatest as the most-perused thread in here.......

.......not that it has stopped him from continuing to post acres of dog-dung
RichardB

Post by RichardB »

Hi, I'm from a car forum where Raymanboy is as much of a legend as he is here. I just thought I'd drag this thread up to let you know he's back. The name has changed again but I'm sure you'll agree it's definitely him.

Some people have observed that he doesn't say much about pianos in his piano listings. Here's a tip, read his Mercedes listing, it has all the piano content you could want. It's a bit light on Mercedes content bt you can't have everything. :wink:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/my-real-passion- ... ksid=p4340
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by Colin Nicholson »

Must agree.... someone's cheese has slid off their cracker !
Mental issues?
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Colin Nicholson wrote:Must agree.... someone's cheese has slid off their cracker !
Mental issues?
was there some cheese there in the first place

Sadly some poor sod will bite we have all been out to the Ebay rip offs

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page