John Hallerton and Son

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Norfolktolancashire

John Hallerton and Son

Post by Norfolktolancashire »

We inherited a John Hallerton and Son upright piano years ago. It has the number 22290 on the top left of the iron frame and also on the inside of one of the mahogany wood panels. The centre front panel has a decorative inlay panel.
Despite searching we have found no clues as to the manufacturer and age of this piano.
Can anyone help on this matter?
Bill Kibby

Hallerton

Post by Bill Kibby »

Some of these were sold by Crane & Sons, so it may be a name they used, but we have found no trace of a real maker by that name so far.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Cherie

John Hallerton & Son

Post by Cherie »

Hello.. Oddly this is the only reference to this brand piano I have also received. What would be the best way to search for other information use this other brand name? The numbers I have found on the inside pannel are 19B, RDNo 291609.

Thank you...
Cherie
Bill Kibby

Frame markings

Post by Bill Kibby »

Those two do not appear in our lists of dated frame markings, have you looked at my Datemarks page at www.pianohistory.info ?
Piano History Centre
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
T0mDavies

Re: John Hallerton and Son

Post by T0mDavies »

Hey I have one too!
I was wondering given that this forum is from 2008 if any new information has been found on this piano?
So it was made in 1900
And it's a brand piano from crane and sons?

It would be realy cool to see some videos of other John Hallerton and Son pianos as I LOVE the sound of mine 😊😍
Attachments
FB_IMG_1572910563227.jpg
Bill Kibby

Re: John Hallerton and Son

Post by Bill Kibby »

Tom, you obviously didn't connect me with the forum, but I think if anything new had come up, I would have told you in answer to your email. As I said, this is more like a twenties piano than 1900. I have no evidence of any piano firms called Hallerton in London. Around 1900, it was just John Hallerton, the "& sons" is later.
Piano History Centre
Email via my website.