Digital out of tune?

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Blodwen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Digital out of tune?

Post by Blodwen »

I bought my digital piano last December, Im sure a few of the high notes are a little flat? I didnt think digital pianos can go out of tune, is it worth me contacting the manufacturer?
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Digital out of tune?

Post by athomik »

Usually, individual notes on a DP can't go out of tune. The samples are fixed so, unless the DP has a microtuning facility, which allows you to change the tuning of individual notes, you shouldn't get any notes out of tune with each other. Most DPs have a facility to tune the whole keyboard up or down, but this shouldn't affect individual notes. Also, check if your DP has a facility to select different temperaments, this can affect the relationship between individual notes (although they still are sort of in tune with each other). This assumes that your keyboard is made by a well reputable manufacturer, they wouldn't let dodgy samples get into their production models.
Last edited by athomik on 22 Nov 2010, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
athomik

Adrian Thomas Music Services
http://www.adrianthomas.net
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Digital out of tune?

Post by markymark »

As athomik says, a reputable brand (Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Casio, Kurweil, etc) should not be going out of control. Some music retailers released their own 'brand' of digital and they often disappoint serious players.