Post by the blue angel »

anyone please is this a good first piano
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: yamaha p70

Post by NewAge »

the blue angel wrote:i was offered one for 350 is this a good price good piano
Not a bad starter keyboard, but be advised that it has only 32 note polyphony - only 32 notes can play simultaneously. For a beginner this may be acceptable, but once you start to layer different voices and using an optional pedal you will suffer severe note drop-off. Note: there’s no Line Out connection.
Today's norm tends to be a minimum of 64 note polyphony, with even many reasonably priced digital pianos offering 128 note.
If it were me and on a budget, I would wait longer, and save a little more. Then check out the likes of the Yamaha P-85 or Casio Privia PX-130, and remember - don't buy without trying first!
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
andmcgr

Post by andmcgr »

Have you considered the P85? http://www.mydigitalpiano.com/yamaha-p85/

It's the newer model of the P70. I bought a P85 about 6 months ago and have had no problems so far. I have played (but not owned) a P70 before and did not think it was that great at the time however I believe Yamaha have done a better job overall with the P85.
fellascarpet

Post by fellascarpet »

i can't say confidently but i heard many time and and get research about it this so lovely and best in quality.
rocklandpiano
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by rocklandpiano »

The Yamaha P70 has 10 different voices that range from pianos, electric pianos, organs, to a harpsichord, and strings. The P70 has 32 voices of polyphony which mean the maximum number of simultaneous voices that can be played at once without any voices cutting out. For playing solo piano, 32 voices should be adequate; however, if you have two voices layered, say strings and piano, then your maximum polyphony will be down to 16.
You can also get the optional L-70 or L-70S keyboard stand to prop up the 28lb P70 or P70S.

Sounds:
The heart of the Yamaha P70 is the piano sounds—and they are good. Yamaha used dynamic stereo sampling to achieve this by recording a real Yamaha concert grand at three different dynamic levels: soft, medium, and hard playing styles while capturing the stereo ambience