Cheap Keyboard for Practice

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

5thumbs

Cheap Keyboard for Practice

Post by 5thumbs »

Wonder if anyone can help?

I've started learning piano but I work away from home during the week and I really need a cheap keyboard I can take with me and use to practice on daily.

I stay in a hotel during the week so it has to be portable with a headphone socket. I'd really like weighted or semi-weighted keys - does anything exist at a reasonable price?

thanks
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Cheap Keyboard for Practice

Post by markymark »

Yes they do. It really depends how many features you need to sacrifice in terms of portability.

You could check out the Yamaha P series or even the Casio PX range. These have a descent piano sound for short term practice and a respectable touch though not showcasing the best action available in their brand name.

Other models with a balanced (not graded) hammer action which you may be able to pick up cheap would be a Kurzweil SPXS (with built in speakers) which has been out for a while and should come out under £800.

I could maybe advise you more specifically if you told me a price range. The M-Audio do some models for under £300 for example but I have no personal experience of them.