Yamaha CLP 320 or 330

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

nickyjf

Yamaha CLP 320 or 330

Post by nickyjf »

I am looking to buy either the CLP 320 or 330, the 320 is more within my budget, but I could stretch to the 330 at a push.

I want the piano to play at home, for fun only, I am a grade 5 player, but don't expect to improve much beyond this now. I am want a digital piano that have as realistic sound and touch as possible, but do you think that at my level of playing, the extra money for the 330 is worth it, or will the 320 be enough for me? I'm not too bothered by the 'extras' such as lots of voices etc.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Yamaha CLP 320 or 330

Post by markymark »

Okay, from my perspective I like a digital piano to look and sound well - I'm a bit vain and like things to look nice too! :lol: To me the CLP330 just looks more serious as an instrument.

Another benefit is the USB connection that allows you to save your performances on a pen drive - you could post your performances on our PIANO SHOWCASE forum if you like!

Lastly, and perhaps the most important difference, is the GH3 keyboard which is a significant development on from the CLP320 which has the mid-range keyboard action.

Besides the CLP330 having slightly bigger speakers and a couple of extra preset voices, there is not a major difference in the guts of the two instruments.
charily

Post by charily »

Can USB Pen drive be directly interfaced via AUX IN towards a CD Player? I would like to Interface USB Pen drive as a mass storage device towards my car CD Music system via AUX IN.So Please tell me, Is it possible to connect the same. Thanks.
Last edited by charily on 08 Jun 2009, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

:| Hmmm.... Let me see if I understand your question.

You want to know if you can use your USB pen drive to connect to the CD player in your car?

I have to say that I have never tried that but the problem with using a USB pen drive as opposed to an i-pod, mobile phone or MP3 player is that you have no way of accessing the files on the USB. Neither the USB pen drive or the CD player in your car will have a way of selecting files on there, that is even if you could connect the CD player and your pen drive.

Normally you need leads like this to connect an MP3 player to a CD player or car stereo.
cables.gif
Are you sure it's not an MP3 player with a USB connection that you're talking about?
You couldn't use these with any pen drive... :?