YDP 131 with a christmas card inside:

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

chopsticks

YDP 131 with a christmas card inside:

Post by chopsticks »

Sorry to post again asking for advice: if I knew anything I would try to help others out - honestly!

My youngest child :twisted: (4) (but may not reach 5 :D lol) has pushed a christmas card into our digital piano, it is preventing the depression of the far right of the keyboard and two keys now won't come back up.
Can I fix this myself? If so, how do I get in please?
Thanks in advance
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

I remember opening up an old CVP8 to fix a button and that was fun - NOT. When I opened the keyboard, all the other buttons (that were just resting on rubber pressure points) fell through the upper covering of the case and in among the circuits and board of the digital piano. Since then, I'd never open a keyboard again!

On a more serious note, if the piano is still under warranty, opening up the piano may void the rest of it or your existing guarantee.

There is a chance that you could get the blockage out - it sounds like it is wedged in the key mechanism that creates the hammer action - but is it worth risking your warranty?
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

If you don't have any experience and don't have the service manual, it can be a challenge to work out which screws to remove. If you remove any that you shouldn't, you could end up in a situation as described in the previous post, i.e. you don't just remove the cover, but various other bits and pieces you didn't know about. Since you didn't see where they came from, it could be like a 3-D jigsaw puzzle to put back together. If you cause any damage, it will void the warranty (on the other hand, if you're good at this sort of thing, nobody will be any the wiser)
chopsticks

Post by chopsticks »

Thanks both, I suspected as much: a trip to the dealer in order I think!