DGX-620

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

ANaKromhiS

DGX-620

Post by ANaKromhiS »

Hello, everyone!
I'm new to this forum so, please, correct me if I ask you something absurd or out of subject...
Here it is: Can I add some voices to my DGX-620 from my computer? If so, where can I find those archives on the internet?
Thanks in advance!!!
8)
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

As yet, I don't think you can. it would be a conflict of interest if Yamaha was to allow Roland sound to operate on their keyboards and for Roland's sounds to work on a Yamaha for example - someone would be being diddled if such an arrangement occurred.

Some more sophisticated models have USB ports to allow you to either receive software updates such as Kurzweil for example or else to allow you to download songs or styles as part of a tuition feature of the instrument. (I may be wrong, but can you not do that on you DGX?) However, not all instruments allow this.

If you want to "add" sounds to your existing keyboard, you can do so by:

1. Downloading vitual piano software, etc onto your computer and play through your computer using your USB port.

2. You could invest in a rack model which most major keyboard manufacturers produce and each one having their own specific tone identity. This is the more common option among keyboard players, though definitely more expensive. Due to the sheer number of sounds and patches contained in a rack model, you are basically paying for another keyboard, minus the keys of course!
ANaKromhiS

Post by ANaKromhiS »

Thank you for the answer. I`m gonna plug my DG in my computer to test your advise.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Just bear in mind that downloading a virtual piano software means that you will only be able to play it via the computer.

If you are looking for a variety of voices, then consider a rack/external sound module, even secondhand would be fine!