Yamaha DGX 620 Keys "Clicking"

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Andy9164

Yamaha DGX 620 Keys "Clicking"

Post by Andy9164 »

I would be grateful of some advice / comments regarding the above.

My 620 is just over 2 years old and gets probably at most, 1 hours playing per day. Just before the warranty expired it started developing "clicks" when playing, this was on the "down" of the key and not the return.

I spoke with the retailer who I bought it from and they sent an engineer out to take a look and to replace some felt strips under the keys. This didnt resolve the problem (as this is what the keys came against on the return) and he advised it was the "key frame" that was at fault and he needed to speak with Yamaha. Yamaha have apparantley advised him that there is nothing that can be done and its just the way it is, this will happen. Obviously I am not happy with this although it does give an added feature of producing an authentic "old recording" effect when playing Beethovens Moonlight Sonata.

I was just interested if anybody had had similar problems with their 620 of if they had any other suggestions.

I am goig to write to Yamaha and express my disatisfaction but was just curious to know what people thought. Of course, now the warranty has just expired :(

Andy
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

You could try giving Yamaha a call (horse's mouth and all that).

UK Technical Support is available by telephone on 0870 4445575 - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (4.30pm on Friday). If Dusty can't help you, he'll know someone who can.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

The DGX range is good but not good enough to be consider on an equal with the standard stage piano range. You sometimes find that the low-end of a range tend to have this problem. Casios and the M-Audio range can have this problem too, but in the case of these instruments, you are not paying for the frills and extras; you are paying for the best sounds within your price range unfortunately.
Andy9164

Post by Andy9164 »

Thanks for all the help and advice.

I spoke with Yamaha Tech Support who have agreed to send someone to collect the DGX 620, take it Milton Keynes where they are based, look at it and try and sort it out and return it to me.

Thats what I call good customer service.

Andy
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

That is good news. You may find that your DGX will still have the tendency to be clicky but that clickiness should be greatly reduced.

That is a much better response from Yamaha!