Which digital piano would you recommend?

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Xyxoz

Which digital piano would you recommend?

Post by Xyxoz »

Hello there.

I've been on a few years break from piano playing, and lately I started playing again for myself. The only problem with my current piano, Roland HP1700, is that it's way too heavy and hard to play compared to the other digital pianos I've played. Therefore, I'm looking to buy a new one.

I just have no real idea of what I'm going to buy, as there are heaps of choices. One of my friends recently bought a cheap Yamaha CP33 and I thought that was pretty good, but it's way too expensive for my budget. I can't find a used one, so it'll cost me about $1700, which is too much.

The question is - is there any good digital piano similar to CP33 at a lower cost? About $1000 would be affordable. It has to have 88 keys, key weight similar to CP33 and a way to connect it to a computer.

Thanks in advance.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

I'm not sure of the US pricing but you could look at these models: Yamaha P60, P120 (now both discontinued models), DGX620, DGX630, P70, P140. These have the hammer action keyboards though not all necessarily as good at the CP33 which is why I'd encourage you to try these. Some of the models I mentioned are discontinued and could still be bought at a reduced price. Piano sounds are decent and they should be around 5oo-700GBP.
Xyxoz

Post by Xyxoz »

Ok, thank you for the reply. I'll go visit a music store shortly and see if they have any of the models you suggested. I might reply back in this thread if I can't decide from that.

I'm not from America, actually. I'm from Denmark - I just converted the price to another currency, as DKK numbers wouldn't be much good to you ^^
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Try those and see what you think. You could also look at the P85 - new out but mosly likely out of your budget. Check it out too.