Keyboard for street performance

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

edd6464

Keyboard for street performance

Post by edd6464 »

Hi,

I've been playing piano for a few years (amateur) and I think it possible for me to be able to earn a little bit of money by playing on the street. I've found a suitable, quiet yet popular area where I am permitted to make my racket so got everything except the piano.

I've been looking around and I've seen all these keyboards that can play organ or strings and "voices" (whatever that is) but I don't want anything fancy. Just a very portable 88 key electric keyboard that will give me a good sound, the feel is important but if it is'nt top then I'l be able to live with it. I can't see why these keyboards have all these "extra" feautures i learned piano so i could play it not so i could play the drum kit, but i won't be pushing my Blüthner down Times Square anytime soon so i may have to live with it.

So basically i need:

good sound
okay-good feel
portable so as i can carry it down the street
pedals (sustain)

now onto price, this may be a little hard to get but im looking to spend about 50 pounds or less. I suppose maybe without all the extra stuff like recording etc i may be able to find one. The truth is I don't need or want it so why pay for it? I can understand mixers and maybe even D.J's using them and it is fun to play around with but not for my situation.

Any suggestions then? any help would be greatly appreciated,

Edd
steve-b
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by steve-b »

Not sure you'll find anything for 50 quid - looked on gumtree?
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

You're obviously not going for something too classy if your budget is around 50GBP.... unfortunately, you won't get much power with it either! Is the keyboard to be used standalone, i.e. without amplification?

I would try secondhand stock and look at some of the Casios. They devalue quickly after being bought new and some are fairly decent for what they are - you can tell I'm not really a fan!