General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Music stand for Yamaha P90 needed

Post by Openwood »

Hiya,

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement music 'stand' - or whatever the plastic removable thing you rest the sheet music on is called - for a Yamaha P90 stage piano? Ours got snapped in half and it's one of those irritating small things that actually make a big difference when they aren't there!

Thanks.
"Each day grow older, and learn something new."
Solon (c. 630 - c. 500 B.C.), Greek Statesman and Reformer
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

You're so impatient, Openwood! :wink:

I've been waiting to hear back from my contact at Yamaha since Saturday but have not heard anything from him!

I know that you can get stands for these keyboards. When I bought my CP300 last year, I didn't get a stand cos Yamaha are selling these as "additional accessories". :roll:

Anyway... I did a quick search and found a supplier in Canada - not much use to us but proves the point that stands are available for separate purchase. I would call Yamaha's part and support helpline. It may well be that for Europe, the stand will have to come from the factory directly. I'm sure they're not common enough as replacements for a music supplier to stock them anyway.

I think that there are similarities between music stands used for the P90 as for the P120 and the new P70 and P140. Surely someone at HQ could source one for you!
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

You can order it from the Yamaha spares department. The part number is
V4408400. Price is about £10.00 & VAT and postage. They take credit cards. The direct number is 01908 369213.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Openwood,

Did you get you get sorted out with a new stand for your P60 (that you probably didn't break in a bad temper)? :wink:
Piano Master

Post by Piano Master »

Yea i know, Argos :D
hi, I like the piano:-)
Tenor1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Music stand for Yamaha P90 needed

Post by Tenor1 »

Mine broke too, so i spent £20 on a good quality music stand (with legs etc) and now use that - a lot better than the original